Saturday, March 19, 2011

Your language learner identity

When I  was a children, I never think about to live on the other country. But now I have to try learn English when I live America. I’ve learn English on high school in China, but I also think English is difficult for me. Maybe grammar is different with Chinese, or vocabulary is hard to remember I always confuse even I know the meaning of something. But now I think I got more better then before I come America. I  can use simple words talk to people, and I can understand what they say, but I know I have to learn more English, because English is a international language, we can speak English everywhere.
Beside English I also want to learn Cantonese( one kid language of Chinese), because I have many friend from Hong Kong, and here have many Cantonese on China down . And when you have more language you can find work easier. On the China down many company require have to speak English an Cantonese.
My native language is Chinese. Usually I use Chinese every time even in America. When something I need help, I ’m accustomed  to look for Chinese guy. I always avoid to talk with English speaker, because I know I don’t speak English very well. And I never know how I can speak Chinese just like I don’t know how we can eat or drink, but I really like Chinese much more than English, because when I say something use Chinese I never consider what I said, just like a part of my body, I want to use I just use never mind. But when I say English to somebody I have to consider what I want to express.  But I really want to improve my English level, so I have to speed more time to study and talk to people.

8 comments:

  1. I agree with th grammar or the vocabulary are difference and you prove your english level .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true - learning English can help you talk to many people in many different places. Keep studying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s true that I feel your English are better than last year. If you really want to study Cantonese I can teach you. But speaking Cantonese is a difficult thing, because Cantonese have nine tones. I think learning English is more important than learning Cantonese for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. China down?? I think "Chinatown" is what you talking about.
    Grammar is always confused me.
    It's so hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As your saying, there are many errors in this article, keeping improving our English! Come on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. to learn English is important in our life because it can help in everything....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ben English is not that difficult, i agree with what you said about grammar, and difficult vocabularies. but don't stop practicing, never give up, don't worry about making mistakes. As we all know WE LEARN FROM MAKING MISTAKES.

    ReplyDelete
  8. whatever it is hard for you is past, now we are here to learn! Use more english when you talk with your friends or people so that you will use to it. And help you out.
    dont give up:]

    ReplyDelete